Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement
A Free Choice Mineral Supplement for Cattle on Pastures
Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement is specially formulated to enrich the diet of cattle without the added cost of supplemental protein. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement is an exceptionally dense block that will give you the most for your money
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 1/2 lb/head/day means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is highly mineral and vitamin fortified which means that additional minerals do not need to be added to the diet, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in wind, rain, or hot, humid weather or precipitation which minimizes waste or loss of product.
- Minimal Labor: Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement is easy to feed. Simply place the block in areas of easy access to cattle.
- Returnable Steel Tubs are self contained supplement feeders that are environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment.
Higher Mineral Fortification
Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement offers the benefit of a high level of mineral in a palatable supplement that cattle will consume consistently. This supplement contains a minimum of 10% calcium.
- Contains 10 to 12% calcium
- Balanced trace minerals levels
- Fortified with vitamins A, D, and E
Formulated With Amino Acid Complexes
Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement provides recommended levels of zinc, manganese and copper Metal Amino Acid Complexes. These complex minerals are bonded to a single amino acid serving to transport these minerals across the intestinal wall resulting in optimum absorption.
High Calcium Fortification
As ethanol production demand increases throughout America, feedstuffs such as distillers dried grains, wet or dry gluten feeds and other by-products are more readily available to cattlemen. Wheat midds, a non-corn based by-product, is also readily available. These feeds contain high levels of phosphorus creating an increased demand for available calcium. Calcium interacts directly with phosphorus and Vitamin D. High levels of phosphorus impair calcium absorption and other complex macro and micro mineral interactions may occur.
Cattle need calcium for skeletal growth and milk production. From mid to late pregnancy, a bred cow’s requirement for calcium increases by 22% and after calving by an additional 40%. A deficiency can lead to “milk fever” around the time of calving particularly in high milk producing beef breeds. A greater incidence of calving difficulty, such as retained placenta and prolapsed uterus may also occur. Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement provides a high level of calcium to minimize calcium deficiencies. Hi-Cal Mineral Supplement does not contain any added phosphorous.
Provide free-choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place blocks in each pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle normally consume approximately ½ pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and or other factors result in consumption less than ½ pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by increasing the number of blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free choice salt at all times.
Other Feeding Options
For other The Feed in a Drum feeding options try Range 22 MF and Range 30 MF depending on forage quality and required protein levels.
|Protein, minimum||3.0%||Iodine, minimum||33 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||3.0%||Manganese, minimum||2,700 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.5%||Selenium, minimum||8.8 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||10.0%||Zinc, minimum||2,700 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||12.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||160,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||16,000 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||7.0 ppm||Vitamin E, minimum||400 IU/lb|
|Copper, minimum||675 ppm|