A Nutritionally Formulated Supplement for Beef Cattle on Pasture
High-Mag 20 supplement is designed to be fed to cattle that may benefit from supplemental magnesium. It is a high-density block that allows around-the-clock supplementation of essential nutrients. High-Mag 20 is a low-moisture, molasses-based block that provides a cost-effective supplementation program.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 0.75 lb/head/day means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- Mineral Fortification: This supplement is fortified with minerals and trace minerals to help promote animal performance, health and efficiency. In addition, High-Mag 20 supplement provides extra magnesium to cattle consuming low magnesium forages.
- Weather Resistant: This Feed In A Drum supplement maintains integrity and controls consumption even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: This supplement is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Tubs are self contained supplement feeders that are environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment.
High-Mag 20 offers the benefit of extra magnesium (5% minimum) in a highly palatable supplement that cattle will readily consume. High-Mag 20 is recommended during periods of magnesium deficiency, such as early spring growth of cool season grasses or rapid pasture growth following heavy rains. These pastures are typically low in magnesium, and may result in irritability, increased excitability and/or tetany.
Low magnesium forages are often marginally low in calcium. High-Mag 20 provides supplemental calcium.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place blocks in areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle normally consume approximately 0.5 to 0.75 pounds per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.5 pounds per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
|Crude Protein, minimum||20.0%*||Copper, minimum||200 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||3.0%||Iodine, minimum||10 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.5%||Manganese, minimum||800 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||1.5%||Selenium, minimum||2.0 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.0%||Zinc, minimum||800 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||1.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||60,000 IU/lb|
|Magnesium, minimum||5.0%||Vitamin D, minimum||6,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin E, minimum||30 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||2.0 ppm|
* High Mag contains 20% crude protein (not more than 7% as non-protein nitrogen).