Fescue Balancer IGR
A Nutritional Supplement Containing S-Methoprene Insect Growth Regulator for Continuous Feeding to All Classes of Beef and Dairy Cattle through the Horn Fly Season.
Fescue Balancer IGR is a supplement that is completely mineral-fortified with added magnesium and designed to provide sufficient (S)-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. Fescue Balancer IGR is an exceptionally dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- Fescue Balancer IGR supplement is fortified with Altosid® which offers the most effective and convenient way to control horn flies in beef and dairy cattle.
- Economical: A low feeding rate means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is mineral fortified, eliminating the need for additional free-choice minerals, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: The Feed In A Drum supplements are easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Tubs are self contained supplement feeders that are environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment.
Effective Fly Control
Fescue Balancer IGR supplement already helps improve forage utilization and reproductive performance by providing cattle the essential nutrients they need. Now Fescue Balancer IGR will help keep horn fly populations under control too. As an insect growth regulator, Altosid passes through cattle and into the manure. This is where the breaking of the fly cycle begins. Female flies can lay eggs in fresh manure. Within a week or so the eggs develop into larvae, then pupae and then adult flies. The active ingredient in Altosid, Methoprene, ultimately prevents fly eggs from completing this cycle, keeping adult flies from emerging.
Kansas State University research completed in 2005 shows that feeding The Feed In A Drum IGR supplements fortified with Altosid to cattle significantly decreases the survival rate of horn flies to the adult stage.
Fescue Balancer IGR offers the benefit of added magnesium in a highly palatable supplement that cattle will readily consume. This supplement contains a minimum of 2% magnesium. Magnesium is needed for activation of enzymes, nerve transmission, skeletal tissue, bone formation and milk production.
When used as directed, Fescue Balancer IGR will provide sufficient (S)-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.8 ounces of Fescue Balancer IGR per 100 lbs. of animal body weight per day, which is equivalent to 8 ounces per day for 1,000 pound animal.
- Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding Fescue Balancer IGR.
- Offer cattle 1 block Fescue Balancer IGR for every 15 – 25 head of cattle
- Remove all other self-limiting nutritional supplements.
- Locate Fescue Balancer IGR where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
- Replenish Fescue Balancer IGR on a regular basis as needed.
- If intake of Fescue Balancer IGR is below 0.8 ounces per 100 lbs. animal body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
- If intake of Fescue Balancer IGR is above 0.8 ounces per animal body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
- Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of the adult fly populations is desired.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
|(S)-Methoprene (CAS #65733-16-6)||0.005%|
|Crude Protein, minimum||22.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Magnesium, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm|
Fescue Balancer IGR contains 22% crude protein (not more than 10% as non-protein nitrogen.)
ALTOSID® Insect Growth Regulator is a registered trademark of Wellmark International. Made in U.S.A.