Fescue Balancer supplement is designed to be fed to cattle consuming fescue forages or low protein forages. It is a high-density block that allows around-the-clock supplementation of essential nutrients. Fescue Balancer is a low-moisture, molasses-based block that provides a cost-effective supplementation program.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 0.75 lb/head/day means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- Mineral Fortification: This supplement is fortified with minerals and trace minerals to help promote animal performance, health and efficiency.
- Weather Resistant: This Feed In A Drum supplement maintains integrity and controls consumption even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: This supplement is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Tubs are self contained supplement feeders that are environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment.
High Protein & Energy
Fescue Balancer offers the benefit of supplemental protein and energy in a highly palatable supplement that cattle will readily consume.
Combination Of Protein Sources
Fescue forages may contain moderate to low protein levels. The combination of natural protein and non-protein nitrogen supplied by Fescue Balancer helps cattle digest medium to low quality forages to a greater extent.
Fescue Balancer offers the benefit of added magnesium in a highly palatable supplement that cattle will readily consume. This supplement contains a minimum of 2% magnesium. Magnesium is needed for activation of enzymes, nerve transmission, skeletal tissue, bone formation and milk production.
(For Ruminants Only)
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place blocks in areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle normally consume approximately 0.75 pounds per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pounds per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
|Crude Protein, minimum||22.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Magnesium, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm|
* Fescue Balancer contains 22% crude protein (not more than 10% as non-protein nitrogen).