FirstLic® supplement is specially formulated to enrich the diet of cattle subjected to stress due to weather, shipping, illness, or periods of high production. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state- of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. FirstLic® is an exceptionally dense block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.50 to 0.75 lbs/head/day means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is vitamin and mineral fortified eliminating the need for additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a supplemental feed cost savings of 5¢ to 8¢ per head per day.
- Weather Resistant: The “continuous flow” system creates a low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: FirstLic® is easy to feed. Simply place the block in areas of easy access to cattle.
- Returnable Steel Tubs are self contained supplement feeders that are environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment.
Based on 0.75 lb intake, FirstLic® contains up to 200% of the NRC requirements for trace minerals, with 30% of the guaranteed manganese, copper and zinc provided in an organic form that gives your cattle a special edge during times of high production or stress.
What Are Amino Acid Complexes?
Metal amino acid complexed minerals are absorbed more readily than inorganic trace minerals. Complexes are formed when trace minerals such as zinc, manganese and copper become bonded to a single amino acid. These amino acids serve to transport the minerals across the intestinal wall resulting in optimum absorption. Trace mineral uptake is vital to improve and maintain adequate trace mineral status.
Trace mineral status affect herd reproduction performance and health. Cows consuming balanced, highly bioavailable trace minerals are more likely to produce healthy calves that perform well at weaning.
Animals most likely to benefit from complexed trace minerals include cattle experiencing weaning, shipping, adverse weather conditions, or dairy cattle in high production. FirstLic® with complexed trace minerals is the perfect choice for these cattle.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle or cattle in drylot at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place blocks in each lot or pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle normally consume approximately 0.75 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pound per head daily, FirstLic® consumption may be increased slightly by providing additional blocks in each pasture or lot.
Provide access to fresh water and free choice salt at all times.
Other Feeding Options
|Crude Protein, minimum||12.0%||Copper, minimum||600 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||30 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||2,400 ppm|
|ADF, maximum||2.0%||Selenium, minimum||8.8 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Zinc, minimum||2,400 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Vitamin A, minimum||100,000 IU/lb|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin D, minimum||10,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin E, minimum||500 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||6.0 ppm|
FirstLic® Supplement contains zinc amino acid complex, manganese amino acid complex, and copper amino acid complex manufactured by ZinPro® Corporation.