A Nutritional Supplement Containing S-Methoprene Insect Growth Regulator for Continuous Feeding to All Classes of Beef and Dairy Cattle through the Horn Fly Season.
FlaxLic® IGR is an all-natural supplement that contains a high level of Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid, essential minerals and sufficient (S)-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle without the added cost of supplemental protein. FlaxLic® IGR contains 15% fat, which is derived predominantly from flaxseed and edible linseed (flaxseed) oil. This unique supplement is the first low-moisture block to contain a high level of ALA. FlaxLic® IGR is an exceptionally dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- FlaxLic® IGR supplement is fortified with Altosid® which offers the most effective and convenient way to control horn flies in beef and dairy cattle.
- Economical: A low feeding rate means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- Mineral Fortified: This supplement is mineral and vitamin fortified, reducing the need for additional free-choice minerals and ultimately lowering typical supplemental feed costs by as much as 5¢ to 8¢ per head daily.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: FlaxLic® IGR is convenient and easy to feed. Simply place an adequate number of blocks in areas that are accessible to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Tubs are self contained supplement feeders that are environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment.
Effective Fly Control
FlaxLic® IGR supplement already helps improve forage utilization and reproductive performance by providing cattle the essential nutrients they need. Now FlaxLic® IGR will help keep horn fly populations under control too. As an insect growth regulator, Altosid passes through cattle and into the manure. This is where the breaking of the fly cycle begins. Female flies can lay eggs in fresh manure. Within a week or so the eggs develop into larvae, then pupae and then adult flies. The active ingredient in Altosid, Methoprene, ultimately prevents fly eggs from completing this cycle, keeping adult flies from emerging.
Kansas State University research completed in 2005 shows that feeding The Feed In A Drum IGR supplements fortified with Altosid to cattle significantly decreases the survival rate of horn flies to the adult stage.
FlaxLic now has a U.S. Product and Process Patent for elevating Lipid Blood Levels in Livestock.
When used as directed, FlaxLic® IGR will provide sufficient (S)-methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.8 ounces of FlaxLic® IGR per 100 lbs. of animal body weight per day, which is equivalent to 8 ounces per day for 1,000 pound animal.
- Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding FlaxLic® IGR.
- Offer cattle 1 block FlaxLic® IGR for every 15 – 25 head of cattle.
- Remove all other self-limiting nutritional supplements.
- Locate FlaxLic® IGR where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
- Replenish FlaxLic® IGR on a regular basis as needed.
- If intake of FlaxLic® IGR is below 0.8 ounces per 100 lbs. animal body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
- If intake of FlaxLic® IGR is above 0.8 ounces per 100 pounds animal body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
- Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of the adult fly populations is desired.
|(S)-Methoprene (CAS #65733-16-6)||0.005%|
|Crude Protein, minimum||12.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||15.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|ADF, maximum||2.5%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||1.0%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||1.5%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Phosphorus, minimum||1.0%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm||Omega-3 Fatty Acids, minimum||7.0%|
ALTOSID® Insect Growth Regulator is a registered trademark of Wellmark International. Made in U.S.A.