MinLic® w/ Bio-Mos®
A Free-Choice Supplement for Cattle on Pasture
MinLic® w/Bio-Mos supplement is specially formulated to enrich the diet of cattle without the added cost of supplemental protein. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. MinLic® w/Bio-Mos is an exceptionally dense block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.25 to 0.50 lb/head daily means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is mineral and vitamin fortified which means that additional minerals do not need to be added to the diet, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: MinLic® w/Bio-Mos is easy to feed. Simply place the block in areas of easy access to cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are self contained supplement feeders that are environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment.
Bio-Mos is derived from a specific strain of yeast and improves animal performance. Gastrointestinal (GI) health and integrity is essential for animal performance and Bio-Mos ‘feeds the GI tract’ and thus plays a critical role in animal nutrition and production.
MinLic® w/Bio-Mos offers the benefit of added magnesium in a highly palatable supplement that cattle will readily consume. This supplement contains a minimum of 2% magnesium.
Magnesium is needed for activation of enzymes, nerve transmission, skeletal tissue, bone formation and milk production. A deficiency of magnesium may result in the following symptoms:
- Increased excitability
- Grass Tetany
MinLic® w/Bio-Mos is recommended for supplementing diets requiring magnesium and other minerals without added protein or fat.
No Supplemental Protein Added
MinLic® w/Bio-Mos contains no supplemental protein. This product may be fed with high protein grasses or forages.
A 3/4 lb intake will provide 10 grams of Bio-Mos.
Alltech® Bio-Mos® Features:
- Supports gut health, integrity and stability
- Market presence of over 15 years
- Natural, differentiated meat marketability
- Bio-Mos is supported by over 500 research trials
- ARC Certified = Quality Control
- Efficient nutrient transfer from cow to calf
- Supports cow health and livability
Alltech® Bio-Mos® Benefits:
- Cow-calf health and livability
- Optimal growth and development
- Reduced use of therapeutic treatments
- Cow-calf management
- Nutrient transfer from cow to calf
Bio-Mos is a registered trademark of Alltech® Corporation.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Initially place blocks in grazing areas near locations frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Once cattle become acclimated to the product strategically distribute blocks throughout grazing area. Cattle normally consume approximately 1/4 to 1/2 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in less than 1/4 pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by increasing the number of blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
|Calcium, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||42 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||6.0%||Manganese, minimum||3,400 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||4.0%||Selenium, minimum||13.2 ppm|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Zinc, minimum||3,400 ppm|
|Magnesium, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||120,000 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||10.0 ppm||Vitamin D, minimum||12,000 IU/lb|
|Copper, minimum||850 ppm||Vitamin E, minimum||120 IU/lb|